- 12 Scallops
- 1 Lime
- 4 Eggs
- Black Truffle oil
- 1 Tomato (peeled and deseeded)
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice each scallops into 2-3 pieces. Dice chives into small pieces.
- Peel and deseed the tomatoes (See below). Cut them into small cubes.
- Poach the egg. (See below)
- Brush each plate with lime juice, then with black truffle oil. Layer the scallops onto the plate. Brush the scallop pieces with black truffle oil then with lime juice. Season with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and chives on top of the scallops. Place poached egg in the center.
- Add 1teaspoon of black truffle paste on the egg. Serve immediately.
How to peel & deseed a tomato
Cut a cross at the bottom of the tomato. Take out the top. Dip the tomato in a pot with boiling hot water for 30 seconds. Drain. The tomato skin should be very easily peeled off now. Cut into 8 and deseed.
How to poach an egg?
Fill a pot with water. After the water is boiled, add a teaspoon of white vinegar. Break an egg and put it in a bowl. Use a whisk or a spoon and stir the boiling water very quickly to form a whirlpool effect. Slide the egg into the middle of the whirlpool, the vortex, to make sure the egg white stays together to form an oval shape. One egg at a time. Cook for 5 minutes.